Mjölnir (/ˈmjɔːlnɪər/), Thorning afsonaviy chaqmoq hosil qilish uchun yordam beradigan bolgʻasi. Mjölnir Skandinaviya mifologiyasida tog‘larni yakson qilish qobiliyatiga ega bo‘lgan eng dahshatli va kuchli qurollardan biri sifatida tasvirlangan. Skandinaviya mifologiyasining hisob-kitobiga ko‘ra, nashriyotchi Edda, bolg‘aning o‘ziga xos kalta tutqichi uning ishlab chiqarilishida xato bo‘lganligi haqida gapiradi. Shu kabi bolg‘alar (Ukonvasara) Shimoliy Yevropaning boshqa mifologiyalarida ham chaqmoq xudosining ramziga aylangan.
- "Mjolnir". Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary.
- Højbjerg, Martin (2011–2014). Norse Mythology: Items of the Gods and Goddesses. Norse Mythology. Asl nusxadan arxivlandi (May 21, 2014). June 17, 2014. “Mjölnir is one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains. Thor's hammer can hit any target. After the target is hit, the hammer will return to Thor's right hand all by itself. The hammer can send out lightning bolts.”
- Campbell, Hank (February 19, 2013). Is Thor Mighty Or Just Magic?. Science 2.0. Asl nusxadan arxivlandi (November 29, 2014). June 17, 2014. “Science 2.0 fave Dr. Neil Tyson recently tried to bring back the 'Thor is really strong' concept by stating 'If Thor's hammer is made of neutron-star matter, implied by legend, then it weighs as much as a herd of 300-billion elephants' which means only someone really strong could lift it. Of course, it also means it would be changing Earth's gravitational field...”
- Barnett, Laura (22 May 2011). "Another View on Thor: Hammer supplier Amanda Coffman sizes up the mystical properties of Mjölnir in Kenneth Branagh's Thor". The Guardian (London: Guardian News and Media). Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141129071255/http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2011/may/22/amanda-coffman-thor-kenneth-branagh. Qaraldi: June 17, 2014. "Mjölnir is so powerful it can level entire mountains. I can't imagine any of our hammers doing that, but some models are pretty strong: they're used for breaking up concrete, knocking paving slabs into place, and in the manufacture of cars and aeroplanes. There's a little leather strap on Thor's hammer, too, for attaching it to his wrist. I'm not sure why that's there, really. None of our hammers have that. Thor doesn't even use his."
- Samuel, Sigal (2017-11-02). What To Do When Racists Try To Hijack Your Religion. The Atlantic (en-US).
- Thor's Hammer. Anti-Defamation League (en).
|Wikimedia Commonsda Mjöllnir mavzusiga oid turkum mavjud.|
- A gallery of images of Mjölnir pendants from archaeological finds
- National Museum of Denmark – The Hammer of Thor — Past Horizons, June 29, 2014 (includes Danish language video presentation).
- Thor's Hammer - norse-mythology.org