Vikipediya munozarasi:Jamoa portali
- 1 Kurów
- 2 Closure of Siberian Wikipedia
- 3 Karakalpak
- 4 The village pump
- 5 The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live
- 6 Translatewiki.net update
- 7 How can we improve the usability for your language
- 8 Language support group for Uzbek
Could they please write a stub http://uz.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kur%C3%B3w - just a few sentences based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kur%C3%B3w or ru? Only 2 -5 sentences enough. Please. Pietras1988 11:28, 10 February 2006 (UTC)
Closure of Siberian Wikipedia[tahrir]
Bize bir oylamada yardım edebilir misiniz? http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_closing_projects/Closure_of_Siberian_Wikipedia Bu oylama Sıbırca hakkında. Eski Sıbır Türklerin Eski Slavlarla ilişkiler yeni bir dilin ortaya çıkması için sebep olmuş. Ruslar bu dilin kullanmasını yasak etmek istiyorlar, bu dilde yazmış Wikipedia'nı kapamak istiyorlar. Amma şu Wikipedia islam hakkında güzel bilgiler veriyor, güzel yazılar içine alıyor.
Please support m:Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Karakalpak 3--18.104.22.168 13:57, 12 yanvar 2008 (UTC)
The village pump[tahrir]
The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live[tahrir]
The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within 24 hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.
The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner
What this means for you[tahrir]
Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.
Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.
Why localise at translatewiki.net[tahrir]
When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.
- Currently 19.13% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.11% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 20:47, 30 sentabr 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 18.96% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.11% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 18:24, 1 noyabr 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 19.26% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.11% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 14:09, 14 dekabr 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 19.17% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.11% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 14:10, 25 yanvar 2010 (UTC)
- PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..
- At this moment 123 messages of the "most used" messages are left to translate. These are the messages that readers and editors are most likely to see. Thanks, GerardM 14:10, 25 yanvar 2010 (UTC)
How can we improve the usability for your language[tahrir]
We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer: Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative Does MediaWiki support your language properly
The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues.
When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.
We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_issues. The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.
PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM 20:47, 30 sentabr 2009 (UTC)
Language support group for Uzbek[tahrir]
The Wikimedia Foundation has brought together a new team of developers who are dedicated to language support. This team is to support all the languages and consequently it is not realistic to expect that the team members can provide proper support for your language. It is for this reason that we are looking for volunteers who will make up a language support team.
This language support team will be asked to provide us with information about their language. Such information may need to be provided either to us or on a website that we will indicate to you. Another activity will be to test software that will likely have an effect on the running of the MediaWiki software. We are looking for people who clearly identify their ability. Formal knowledge is definitely appreciated.
The babel extension is used by people who want to indicate their proficiency in a language. Sadly, this extension has not yet been localised for the Uzbek language. Would you be so kind and help us with the [translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&group=ext-babel&language=uz localisation of this extension] in your language? Thanks, Gmeijssen 09:28, 15 fevral 2012 (UTC)